Wednesday, July 05, 2006

They Always Manage Somehow

Ken Lay -- Bush’s buddy, Ken-Boy -- crooked CEO of Enron -- died last night of a heart attack. He was 64. He had been convicted of fraud or whatever and had yet to be sentenced. I am reminded of Hermann Goering's cheating the hangman with a cyanide capsule after conviction at the Nuremburg war crimes trials.

I doubt if Lay ever saw the inside of a jail. I guess I wouldn’t care if the man never went to jail if he would only have made restitution to all the people he deprived of a livelihood. I’m sure his family will have a rich inheritance. Nobody will touch that fortune, be assured. And Ken-Boy can go to his grave with the world knowing he screwed everybody but himself.

5 comments:

dddonna said...

To be sure he was screwed in the end--no pun intended. Dying at age 64 is pretty much of a screw, wouldn't you say? DE

JT Evans said...

I think he was lucky. I guess some people would think me cruel for opposing capital punishment. Having to live with your transgressions in confinement is pretty awful. On the other hand, I suppose this guy would have gotten off with cash-register justice, having to do a few months in some country club "prison" for white-collar criminals, and never have to pay back a nickel. And of course living with his trangressions? What transgressions? The man would never, never, never have a twinge of conscience, I believe. He was a rich, White, Republican male.

CherylRenee said...

I would like to see some DNA testing on the body just to make sure.

I agree with you on the whole Capital Punishment thing. I think it is much worse to spend life in prison. I guess I'll never understand why some people think the death penalty is justice-especially the so called "pro-lifers"

JT Evans said...

Ha! Yeah, I think that too -- are you *sure* he's really dead?

Pro-"life" and pro-capital punishment do seem kind of contradictory, don't they?

JT Evans said...

Alternative title for this blog: "Crook Croaks"