Saturday, November 04, 2006

Die-Hard Yellow Dog, Yours Truly

This morning I went to the home of my good friend John Collins, who is running for the Madison school board, to get another yard sign. Then I went to Democratic headquarters and got a slew more of signs for my candidates. Then I went to the library and got two books, Hostile Takeover: How Big Money and Corruption Conquered Our Government--and How We Can Take It Back, by David Sirota, and Conservatives Without Conscience, by John Dean. Then I went home and put my signs out in the yard. There are more than there were before. Brian, here to get his firefighter's uniform pants that his mother had hemmed, asked me how it was going as he left. I said, "I'm just exercising my right as a United States citizen to campaign for the people I believe should be in office." I didn't have to defend my action to Brian, but I was feeling paranoid at the moment. That saying about defending to the death my right to say what my opponents don't want to hear seems kind of remote in the current political climate. I think we're going to win a few this time. I feel it.

12 comments:

CherylRenee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CherylRenee said...

I'm hoping tomorrow will bring us a fresh, new beginning. We certainly need one. The world is watching.

John and I will be at the polls standing in line by 6:30am tomorrow.

I have the feeling there will be many challenges to the results.

Did you hear how Bush came to Florida today and Charlie Crist blew him off. He did not want to be associated with the President. Hilarious! Rove was pissed.

Anonymous said...

I hope that you "libs" enjoy higher taxes, more abortions on demand, and a homo on every corner.

Anonymous said...

JT: You really don't have a clue, do you? Those of us here in Madison know you. We understand your past and how you got to where you are today. We have pity on you. Being a reprobate is a tough way to be, you know, not knowing what is actually right or wrong and living your life based on your head knowledge alone. Very sad.

Anonymous said...

Looks like your demo-swine boys pulled some shenanigans in Monroe County. FBI investigating. Typical demoCrap crooks!

Anonymous said...

Amanda: Do you have a vocabulary other than profanity?

Anonymous said...

Ass. Such a naughty, naughty word.

Anonymous said...

Hey, anonymous, where can I get my own abortion-performing homo? I need some new dance music and cocktail to drink. Oh yeah, and my friend has a problem with his girlfrient...

Get bent, you Kluxer!

P.S: Props for allowing this jagoff to post, J.T. Voltaire would be proud.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and P.S. Have you looked up the definition of reprobate, Pot? Or are you Kettle?

Anonymous said...

I take it back! I take it back! This merde-tete I wouldn't defend to the nearest whorehouse, let alone to the death.

Anonymous said...

LOL!

Anonymous said...

JT: I see that your kids are following the same path that you have taken. I just wonder what their grandfather and great grandfather would think about your legacy.