Thursday, March 29, 2007

Simple Gifts

Had an adolescent appetite, home alone (not my shift to sit Daddy Jones), and decided to cook. Sliced and fried potatoes in olive oil, then sliced sharp cheddar cheese all over the top and covered the skillet and let the cheese melt. As the Okie says in The Grapes of Wrath, "God almighty it's good!" Right now I'm watching the DVD of the first season of Love and Marriage (Ed O'Neill as Al and Katy Sagal as Peg, Christina Applegate as the daughter). My role-models are weird, as I am weird: I love Ed O'Neill in anything, and especially as Al Bundy, and I love The Old Man (Darren McGavin) in A Christmas Story, and I love Clark Griswold, and of course I love Homer Simpson, above all. Goodnight. Keep cool, my babies!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wot? no bacon fat?

Anonymous said...

Nah. Bummer. But honest to god: olive oil, which is infinitely better for your vascular system, tastes as good as either bacon grease or butter. I shuck you not. There's an olive oil spread for bread -- Fleischmann's, I think -- that makes English toasting bread (or, in case you live in paradise, authentic, hard-crusted French bread) -- to die for.

Anonymous said...

aw, yeah!