Thursday, March 22, 2007

Letter to Cornelius Crane Chase

Dear Chevy,

Congratulations on your “potty-mouthed Bush-bashing rant” in December 2004, which I just read about, thanks to the internet.

I suppose you’ll never read this, but I want someone to let you know that in my opinion your remarks from that podium on that night were truly PATRIOTIC and most assuredly “appropriate,” no matter what anybody might have said in that creep’s defense. Nobody should ever refer to that man who stole the presidency and has reviled it from January 20, 2001 to this present tragic day as anything but a fuck. You were absolutely right.

Bush 43 is the most loathsome human being ever to occupy that office. He should be removed from it and he will not be removed because we are so cowardly and “appropriate.” You were courageous in your tirade against him. Every public figure such as you should trash this odious man. So I commend you, sir. You did right, no matter what Tom Daschle and the Washington Post writer and the other pussies present at that gathering said. You did the good and proper thing. Please, Chevy, have no remorse whatever about what you said that night. God was with you – have my doubts about such an Entity (who would let GWB be president) but if there is One, he was with you that night.

I also want to say that I read your sweet eulogy of Gerry Ford in the New York Times and agree with you that Gerry was a dear, kind good-humored man (if not an outstanding President – he probably did the least harm to that office of anyone ever with the possible exception of Benjamin Harrison of Indiana and there is something to be said for that).

And one more thing: in that op-ed you said that Oh! Heavenly Dog was a bad movie. No, Chevy! That adorable genius dog and your genius comic voice were made for each other! Schmucks like me loved that movie. Wish to God we all could sit around and watch movies like that and not engage in wars. I mean, god damn. What the fuck is wrong with us?

I also wanted to say that I have loved your “Fletch” movies and the one you did with Goldie Hawn – Foul Play, was it? And there were all those wonderful episodes of Saturday Night Live.

You’re a good man, Chevy. Love you. Keep up the good work. Speak your peace about this 666 Antichrist beast now in the White House. We common people need you to speak for us. And do your thing, bro. You’re a comic genius.

With the utmost regard,

JT Evans

11 comments:

dddonna said...

You have become prolific these past few days. Wish I could get back to writing myself. Anyway, good job. Interesting stuff. Keep up the good work.

JT Evans said...

Thanks for your sweet words. I thought you might scold me for being so potty-mouthed myself! I know better. Please do write. I've been missing your blog.

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah, god damnit, where's the Tylenol?

Anonymous said...

I think his birth name may have been Cornelius Crane Chase. That's how the imdb lists it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, "Pedant." You are quite correct. I will correct the post accordingly, given that I care about errors of fact, grammar, and spelling, and wish more writers on the internet showed that they also care. I was thinking of Cornelius Ryan, the historian. Thanks.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
johnnie said...

lol!