Wednesday, December 27, 2006

We're in the Wrong War!

The government prescription drug uninsurance program and I just tangled: it was a draw for now. Figuring out what Lobby-gov would cost versus what drugs from Canada would cost for 2007 was a challenge, something like doing my own income tax, and I might have made a big error, as I often have done with taxes. But if I was reasonably accurate in my calculations, I'm better off to ride with the Canadian Mounties on this one. In either case, my drug bill is now thousands of dollars annually; but if I stick with the Texas Rangers instead of the Mounties, the difference will be more than twice as much.

I left a message with the insurance agent that I am canceling the uncoverage. He soon called back, warning me of the cumulative penalty I'd incur if I left the program and decided to come back, and telling me the horror story of customs people seizing Canadian drugs at the border.

The penalty is peanuts compared with the price difference, in my case. But, true, there's a risk of having my legitimate drugs "confiscated" by "jackbooted government thugs." (Ha! Stole that inflammatory epithet from ya, NRA psychotics!)

I'm going to get Canada drugs anyway.

Here is how I calculate the risk: the crowd who brought on this giveaway to the drug-"health" insurance-government complex is on its way out.

At least the government portion of it. There is cause for a not entirely irrational belief that the government of the corporations, by the corporations and for the corporations might not always get its way on this one. The pendulum might just swing back to the people's side -- after it tipped over the whole clock on big business's side.

There has already been word from above to the customs agents to cool it on stopping drugs from Canadian pharmacies. And that was before we threw the elected rascals out! I think the new regime might make some humane adjustments to the regulations now in effect. I'm willing to bank on it.

This was just this joker's skirmish with the Big Boys, the Fat Cats. I guess we're a little like guerrillas, the underground, fighting the Wehrmacht in the war, the Class War. It's us vs. the likes of Dick Cheney and Tom DeLay and Ken Lay, way I see it.

We're going to win.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's that you say about your taxes?

JT Evans said...

They're too high!