Monday, October 16, 2006

More Politickin'

Posting an email from fellow Bridgebuilders:

Dear Friends,

Somehow I sense we made a difference yesterday at the library. A pretty good showing of folk for the documentary. Thanks, J.T., for arranging the film and for the newspaper notice. While Ken and I both came away with a sense that there was definitely hyperbole involved in the way the points were presented, it gave me a new appreciation of how the desire for profit can cloud over completely why and how you do your work. I've been thinking about encouraging everyone to withhold $5 from their federal income taxes for 2006 in protest.

Have you heard of the ONE campaign? We heard about it through church today. At www.ONE.org you can learn about how you as ONE person can help support the Millenium Goals of 9/2000. (Remember, we looked at these while reading Wallis' God's Politics.) A related movement is STAND UP. I only know of the Episcopal Church's connection with this campaign but it's a worldwide effort. The cool thing is you can buy white ONE bracelets to show your support. I got one today understand they are available at the ONE website.

SEE YOU ALL ON NOV. 14. and GOOD LUCK TO JOHN!

Best, Dianne & Ken

And before November 14th, get out the vote on November 7th. Let's take the nation back!

1 comment:

dddonna said...

JT, nice to see that you are doing your part to unite liberal thinking people. I wish I could help anonymous gag him/herself with a spoon. I don't have a problem with radical thinking people but they seem to always be so vicious when they make comments. I hope that we can always stay above that. DE