Friday, October 03, 2008

Feel free to post, friends and family

Open for business again. All comments will be scrutinized before they are published or rejected. The following criteria for comments on Sojourners' blogs seem relevant here, a ballpark guideline, not a megachurch one. I confess I have not always adhered to them myself. More's the pity but "all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23)

Comment Code of Conduct

I will express myself with civility, courtesy, and respect for every member of the Sojourners online community, especially toward those with whom I disagree—even if I feel disrespected by them. (Romans 12:17-21)

I will express my disagreements with other community members' ideas without insulting, mocking, or slandering them personally. (Matthew 5:22)

I will not exaggerate others' beliefs nor make unfounded prejudicial assumptions based on labels, categories, or stereotypes. I will always extend the benefit of the doubt. (Ephesians 4:29)

I will participate in community accountability by rating posts up or down based not on what ideas are expressed but on how they're expressed, and will flag posts that violate these rules of conduct. (Proverbs 12:18)

Go for it.

No comments: