Friday, May 16, 2008

Before I Turn into a Pumpkin

Boob tube is off, fan whispering, Rosie sewing, Rudy sacked out on couch waiting to go sack out in his bed. We watched "Lilies of the Field," the delightfully sappy movie about an African-American guy who builds a chapel for German nuns with the help of several Arizona Chicanos. And with the help of Jesus, of course. (That's pronounced Hay-soose, of course.) It's the movie in which Sid has the nuns singing "Ay-ay-ay-men!" "See the little baby! Lyin' in a manger...") It's convincing! Just like in the movies!

Two guys who turned out to be high school friends of Amanda removed two ailing trees from our lot today. Double the sunshine now, and I'm going to plant some nice trees to replace the one in front. The guys, Ryan and Jason, did a great job.

My neighbor (who I'd thought ill of at times) found a hubcap for me and placed it on the car. Nice kids. They'll be leaving soon. He's going to manage a store in Nap Town.

Good to see Natalie's posts.

Politics and my frat, Alpha Alpha: those continue to be the principal activities.

Love to all.

I feel myself turning orange ... Poof!

1 comment:

CherylRenee said...

I did not know you were in a fraternity. That intrigues me.