Thursday, May 08, 2008

Waiting Until June 20, I Guess -- Or Later?

Senator Clinton said she will continue her campaign "until there is a nominee." I flinch every time she wins a primary and she is likely to win two more (Kentucky and West Virginia) and I am superstitious and cautious about counting chickens before they're hatched. But the media are now calling Barack Obama "the presumptive nominee." The double-digit win in North Carolina and the narrow "defeat"* in Indiana clinched the nomination for him, they say. I will withhold rejoicing until he is nominated.

*As for my part in the Indiana results -- well, Jefferson County went 66% for Hillary. Guess my campaigning was not all that fruitful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But... we're moving on and she will not. Thus our door knocking provides a base to grow on. We can always hope the Dems will stay Dems this November.

Earlier today I highly suspected Clinton was staying in the campaign to avoid losing the money she lent her campaign.

Now after her mildly race baiting comments, I'm starting to wonder.