Friday, June 13, 2008

Update

Although I haven't done anything so noble with my "economic stimulus" check as this lady, I certainly liked the idea.

Note that to my blog I have added the link to the new "Fight the Smears" page at the Obama site, a kind of countermeasure to dirty campaigning -- simply direct rebuttals to outright lying -- that would have been useful since the Willie Horton days of the Dukakis campaign.

Along with the other link that is the Fox News watchdog, debunking their nonstop lies, smears, and innuendo, thus I attempt to do my little bit to disabuse people of some of the buggering of the truth that is out there.

It's damned little, but I try to practice Rule 62, which is not to take myself too seriously. Which reminds me: I used the word "innuendo" above. Do you know what an innuendo is?

Sure you do. It's an Italian suppository. In-you-endo!

Back to the serious for a moment. The very fine journalist, Tim Russert, passed away suddenly this afternoon. Why is it that the good ones always leave us too soon?

Cheerio, mate.

1 comment:

johnnie said...

So long, Tim. We hardly knew ye.