Sunday, November 07, 2021

End of DST 2021

 Autumn is well along, winter will soon be here. Today was beautiful, nary a cloud, blue sky all day and a reddish-orange sunset; still plenty of leaves, most of them yellow and red and orange, have not fallen; and I was up in spirits all day because I counted just a few of my blessings this morning when I got up in kind of a whiny mood.  I remained up because my daughters and son-in-law, and Dot, the black mouth cur, my grand-dog, visited today.  They winterized my windows, which will elevate the quality of life in my apartment this winter in northeast Ohio (in which I shivered last winter).

Tonight my girlfriend and I watched The Ballad of Buster Scruggs, opening with Tim Blake Nelson ("O Brother Where Art Thou") in the title role singing "All day I've faced the barren waste without a drink of water," cracking his voice like Hank Williams, accompanying himself with guitar riding on Old Dan.  He then shoots several bad hombres dead in various cartoonish duels.  Won't say more except it was entertaining throughout with several short stories, including James Franco, Liam Neeson, Zoe Kazan, Tyne Daly, et al.  It's a Joel and Ethan Coen movie.  Then we watched Montford: The Chickasaw Rancher, based on a real Chickasaw man and his family and their pioneering settlement of Oklahoma after the Civil War.  Also entertaining.  And enlightening.

Before sleep, I will read more of State of Terror, by Hillary Rodham Clinton and Louise Penny.  (Hillary couldn't be outdone by Bill, who recently teamed up with James Patterson for a couple of novels about terrorist plots.)  I now read books in large print if I can get them from the library.

It's past midnight now, but I get an extra hour of sleep tomorrow.

No comments: