Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Little Hard News



"Half-past eight. The Jefferson County Courthouse in downtown Madison is badly damaged by a fire which started in the cupola at the top and, by the time I saw it, at least an hour after it started, was still raging. The roof was ablaze then.

"I took pictures with THE DIGITAL CAMERA I BOUGHT YESTERDAY (The Canon, Chip!) and then came back home with Rosalie. I’ve barely learned to take a picture in the automatic mode and I’ve barely learned to upload it into the computer. I could go so far as to try to make a post on my blog."

The preceding has lost its immediacy because I've waited until I've seen programs and studied the iPhoto tutorial in hopes I might be able to learn how to move photos from iPhoto to here. Given up at ten. My learning curve...

Anyhow, I've emailed one of my photos to family members.

The courthouse is pretty much toast. (11:12p.m.)

Picture was just added. (4:00 p.m. 5/21/2009)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

the cupola/clock tower and roof are definitely toast, but I'm not sure I'd say the courthouse is toast. Keep the faith JT

JT Evans said...

I hope the most of it can be saved. I'll keep the faith, bro